Why it matters
Well-meaning adults, be it parents, educators, or coaches, want children to be responsible. Research has shown that children who have deep connections are more likely to do the right thing.
Effective Discipline offers strategies to well-meaning that teach children to become responsible.
Why ACM requires Discipline
The 3C’s of ACM are Courage, Character, and Commitment.
It takes self-belief (Courage) to bring change. Discipline requires self-regulation (Character). Performing the Actions of Practice™ (Commitment) is the foundation for developing discipline.
- Identify problems and focus on solutions
- Give significance to the child’s point of view
- Work with the child to uncover their strengths
- Encourage Actions of Practice™
- Create a Circle of Confidence™
What we will cover
- The meaning of discipline
- How to have a conversation that is compassionate yet firm
- How to create long-term solutions instead of punishment
- How to encourage with Glows and Grows
- How to shift focus from outcome to actions of practice
and much more…
- SEL Standards
- Character Principles
- 21st Century Skills